Friday, January 04, 2008

My 2008 Christmas List of Projects


On my Homespun Holidays list we've started "The 52 Weeks of Christmas". This is going to be a weekly reminder and countdown for those of us who love to create gifts. Hopefully, we'll all get a good start on our lists for next Christmas and actually have some gifts made before we run out of time. I thought I'd share my "To Make" list with all of you.

By the way, if any of you would like to join us, just click here on the name of the group to request membership: Homespun Holidays

Now, here's my list of projects:


CROSS STITCH:
~ Finish stitching the last of the ornaments I was making for this year and then make them into little pillow ornaments (Plum Pudding Needleart design)
~ Finish stitching Christmas Tea for us
~ Stitch 2 additional sets of Christmas Tea for gifts (will be a tea cozy and a cookie tin cover)
~ Finish the PS 12 Days of Christmas ornaments (have 2-1/2 made)
~ Finish quilting the cross stitched star table topper I started several years ago



QUILTING:
~ Make a quilt for our daughter (already have the fabric)
~ Make a quilt for my stepdaughter (already have the fabric)
~ Make a few quilted items for friends. I'm thinking table runners, but might add in small wall hangings and/or placemats. I'd like to get 4 made, but I'd be happy with 2.
~ Finish quilting the Christmas tree cloth I started years ago. One section is completely done, and the other section about 3/4s finished. Then they can be sewn together and a binding added to the outside.


WOOLENS:
~ Make some pillows in different sizes using the plaid or checked wools for the pillow with solid colors for the applique. I want to do some with different Christmas designs (snowflakes, mittens, etc.). I also want to make some of these for the fall with autumn designs.
~ Make a penny rug for a table topper using a cute snowman pattern. (I also have two for autumn, which I hope to make, too.)


KNITTING:
~ Finish husband's replacement Christmas stocking (I've overstuffed his throughout the years with jars of various nuts, lol, and now there are lots of holes where I didn't do a very good job of changing colors).


SCRAPBOOKS:
~ 1 for husband
~ 3 for friends


RECIPE/SCRAP BOOKS:
~ 1 for daughter
~ 1 for stepdaughter


SEWING:
~ Some small pine needle sachet pillows
~ Some stuffed Christmas ornaments using homespun fabric (I'll use cookie cutters as the patterns)
~ Make fabric wreaths using the Dresden Plate quilting pattern (these are in Book 2 of the Leisure Arts Spirit of Christmas books and are so pretty)
~ Make a Christmas tree cloth using the same pattern and fabrics
~ Make some yo-yo wreath ornaments (cute, also from the same book... you make 10 yo-yos that are lightly stuffed, and then stitch them together through their middles and tied into a puffy circle)

1 comment:

angela said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG MY HUSBAND AND I ARE TRUCK DRIVERS WE RUN ALL 48 STATES I AM LOOKING FOR IDEAS ON HOMEMADE GIFTS THAT I CAN MAKE IN THE TRUCK I CAN USE THAT LIGUID STITCH FOR ANY SEAMS. PLZ EXPLAIN THE PINE NEEDLE SACHE THANKS ANGELA