

I love to crochet with bedspread weight cotton and made several of these crocheted garlands a few years ago. I bought some packages of the beaded garland and then crocheted around the beads using the white cotton. This one has the silver beads, but I also did a few others using pearls, gold, and crystal. They really look pretty on the tree, and aren't difficult to do (once you get past the first few beads). No matter what I did, I wasn't able to get a good close-up picture, so I apologize for the blurriness.
VICTORIAN BEADED GARLAND
1 beaded garland
Bedspread weight cotton (size 10)
Size 7 crochet hook
Side One:
~ Working loosely around the garland in spaces between the first and second bead, join thread with a single crochet.
~ Chain 4.
~ DC in 4th chain from hook.
~ SC in next space.
~ Repeat till you reach the end of the row; don't finish off.
Side Two:
Row 1:
~ Chain 1. You'll now be working in the spaces between beads on the opposite side of the garland, and after the single crochet you worked for the first side.
~ SC in first space, chain 4, sc in next space.
~ Continue in this pattern across the row.
Row 2:
~ Chain 4, turn.
~ 4 dc in first ch-4 space, chain 2
~ *4 dc in next ch-4 space, chain 3, sc in next ch-4 space, chain 3, 4 dc in next ch-4 space, chain 2*
~ Repeat the pattern between * * to the last ch-4 space. Then 4 dc, chain 1, dc in that space.
Row 3:
~ Chain 1, turn.
~ SC in the first ch-1 space, chain 4, (sc, chain 1, dc, chain 1, sc) in next ch-2 space, ch 4,
~ *sc in next ch-3 space, chain 3, sc in next ch-3 space, chain 4, (sc, chain 1, dc, chain 1, sc) in next ch-2 space, chain 4*
~ Repeat the pattern between * * to the last 4 dc, skip last 4 dc, sc in last space.
~ Finish off.

3 comments:
How clever! I almost threw out my beaded garland yesterday because it looked so blah. I might try this!
I love this! I wouldn't have thought to try it! Great idea!
You lost me...but it looks beautiful!
Love,
Julie
Post a Comment