Saturday, January 27, 2007

My Favorite Poem


"Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village, though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

~ Robert Frost, 'Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening'

3 comments:

Renee said...

You see : I visit your 2 blogs on this Sunday. Do you hear about Candlemas in the USA. I'm telling about it on my blog today. It has a direct link with Christmas. Much joy and blessing for you when you share your inner wealth.

Vicky said...

I really like that picture and can hear the silence of the woods in the snow.

Heidi said...

This is a beautiful poem. I have never read it before. Thanks for sharing and the picture is perfect with it.