Tuesday, January 09, 2007


"If you can keep Christmas for a day, why not always?"

~ Henry Van Dyke

It's a new year and thoughts of next Christmas are on my mind. I found some wonderful gifts for people on my list when we were on vacation, and those are put aside on a gift shelf in our closet. We visited some perfect places with nice gift shops (like museums and historic villages) that had 50% off sales, so I was thrilled to do some very early Christmas shopping.

This year I hope to add more handmade items to our gift list, and if I plan ahead (with the help of a wonderful group of ladies on a stitching list) I know I can actually reach my goals this year. I'm working on a WIP (works-in-progress) list this week so I know just what I want to make and things I need to finish. There are so many projects "almost" finished, so I really need to get to those first. Well, I know I "should" get to them first, but new projects and SALs (stitch-a-longs) are always calling to me :)

In the meantime, I have a few lists of items to look for throughout the year, that will be good to use for gift baskets, wrapping supplies, etc. I'll share some of those with you over the next several days.

Wishing you all a Happy New Year ~and enjoyable memories of Christmas past ~ and pleasant thoughts of Christmas yet to come!

~ Joanne

(Photo: A decorated window in Colonial Williamsburg
Taken on vacation 12/06)

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Christmas shopping in January is fun and economical, isn't it? I am glad you had a wonderful vacation and love your sharing photos. This window is so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

The picture of the window is lovely! I'm also going to try to make more gifts throughout the year. Glad to have you back home again!