I received this recipe from my mother-in-law several years ago. My husband remembers these cookies from his childhood, and they were always his favorite Christmas cookies (although nowadays he prefers chocolate chips). This week we're busy with Christmas decorating, and my stepdaughter (she's 24) is visiting with us for the week. In addition to trimming the tree (does anyone still say that, or do us modern-day people just say decorating??)... I'll be baking some cookies. Usually that's something I do with our daughter (22), so it will be especially fun to have two daughters to bake with :) I think this recipe from their grandmother will be perfect.
VIENNESE CRESCENTS
1 cup butter or margarine
2 cups flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans or almonds)
1 teaspoon vanilla
~ Mix all ingredients together with a spoon. Don't use an electric beater or hand mixer.
~ Shape into crescents and roll in powdered sugar.
~ Bake in a 300 degree oven for 35 minutes.
~ Remove from cookie sheet and roll again in powdered sugar.
1 comment:
Sounds like so much fun. Merry Christmas
Post a Comment